The 2020-2021 Parent Teacher Interviews for Kindergarten to Grade 6 classes will be held on Saturday, January 16th, 2021. These interviews will be conducted on Zoom. There are no Chinese classes on that day for students from Kindergarten to grade 6. Students are encouraged to participate in the interview but attendance is not mandatory.
Grade 7-12 students will attend their regularly scheduled classes. There are no scheduled interviews for these grades. If you wish to contact your child’s teacher, you may do so through their TCA email address.
Based on the class size, each parent(s) will have either 7 or 10 minutes to talk to the teacher.
To enter the meeting, please use your regular Zoom classroom link. It would be appreciated if you enter the waiting room 2 minutes in advance of your scheduled time slot.
Please note the following:
- To protect parent’s and student’s individual privacy, the waiting room for each class will be turned on and only one family at a time will be permitted into the meeting room. In addition, respecting students’ confidentiality, no interviews will be recorded.
- If you enter the meeting room early, please wait patiently for your turn. The teacher and teaching assistant will invite each parent to enter the interview session according to the time slot reserved for each parent(s).
- To ensure your Parent Teacher Interview session is held on time and efficiently, please prepare your questions and items prior to be discussed with the teacher.
- We want you to be aware that our technology staff will be coming into interviews periodically to check the meeting software is working properly.
- If you need additional time, please make another appointment with the teacher through email or directly during the interview.
- The interviewer will remind the parent when there are 2 minutes left in the interview.
- When the interview is over, the teacher or teaching assistant will remove the current parent from the Zoom meeting session.
If you are unsure about your booked time slot, or you would like to change your interview, please contact The Chinese Academy office via email before Thursday, January 14th.
Thank you for your cooperation.
The Chinese Academy 亞省中文學校