Accredited Independent Studies Chinese Course
Courses: Grade 10, 11 and 12 Chinese Language and Culture (Mandarin or Cantonese, Simplified or Traditional)
Credits: 5 high school credits per course
Class Time: September to May, every year
- Current students must have their teacher’s recommendation. IB Chinese students are not permitted to enroll into this course.
- After registration, students will be contacted regarding the instructor, class schedule and course materials.
- Students will submit all assignments electronically according to the schedule.
- The teacher will mark the assignments and provide feedback within two weeks.
- Students will be required to visit the campus in person to complete the first and second semester final examination on a scheduled Saturday. This examination will contain both an oral and a written portion. In the event that a student is unavailable on the exam day due to valid reasons such as illness (doctor’s note required) or conflict with the examination schedule of his/her High School (teacher’s note on school letterhead required), an alternative date may be arranged in advance with the school office.